Thursday, August 21, 2008

Surviving the Storm

Well, we made it through this minor Tropical Storm named Fay. She ended up being a little tougher than expected and lingered for a very long time. No pictures to share of this event, but I am sure everyone has seen enough on the news. Even though Fay is still just North of us; today is the actual first day of a little sun peeking through the clouds. We are being promised more rain to come and I am not sure how some parts of the county can take any more of it. I am venturing out East today with Monica, to go to the mall to get tires on her car and I am sure we will see all that flooding. Hopefully we will not float away. I hope the mall is still there! I will see if I can't get some cool shots to share.

Even though we got minimal water damage in our office on the front of our house from the wind and rain we do have a major catastrophe in our life right now. I need lots of prayer from all who read this...It has been about a week now and I don't know if I can take it much longer. Every morning around 5:00 a.m. I am awoken and am unable to go back to sleep. We have guest staying in our attic and they seem to be partying it up till day break. Don't know who they are yet, but we left some welcoming mats out last night and we are hoping to meet them soon. I AM SO TIRED!!!

3 comments:

junglemama said...

I am glad you guys are okay. Is it animals or people in your attic. Probably a dumb question, but I had to ask. :)

Battcave said...

Yes, it is an animal. I just don't know what type yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm trying this again. I love
your home page and articles. What's
up with Dalton in drag??
I really did not know who he was
at first glance!
Love Glenda