Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our Weekend Project

This weekend we had a major project to do. We ended up with some water damage in our front office because of that darn Fay. It was nothing to major, just soaked carpets and a little water hit our bookshelves that were closest to the window. We think the wind was so strong it just caused the rain to get through the tracks on the window.

Have I told you all that I am married to the most amazing man in the whole world. Well, I am. My husband moved all the office furniture out, including two whole walls of bookshelves, ripped up soaking wet carpet, and tiled the office in just two days. By Monday evening he had the office back together. I don't think I mentioned that he had never laid tile before. It looks amazing and now I never have to worry about wet carpet again.

I am so proud of Mike, he is the type of man that knows a little about a lot of things and can usually figure things out on his own. He is my handyman in many ways.

Everything is going good so far this week. We are a little on the busy side, Mike getting caught up with his pool customers after Fay's fiasco last week and I am getting ready to start schooling the day after Labor Day. Hopefully things will start slowing down for us to breathe a little easier. Our two older kids birthdays are coming up in two weeks so we are getting ready to celebrate two very special dates.

Oh, and our house guest have not moved out yet, and have not visited our special welcome mats left out for them. We still have no clue what they are but we are guessing they are probably rats. YUK!!! Our friend Rich came over and gave a sweep of the attic and to our surprise there was no evidence of any animal activity up there. We had two mornings where there were no parties and we thought we had them but traps were empty and the next morning they were celebrating something. They are probably up there laughing at us. It reminds me of the kids movie "Mousehunt". Can they possibly be that smart? I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed!!! We got water too... UG.