Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Lock-In

Yes, I got locked in at the church for a whole night. Did I mention that I was locked in the church with a load of teenagers? It was the middle school lock-in for our church youth group. I figured since Devin and Ashley are both in middle school, I as a parent should be helping out with this function. So, I volunteered to be locked-in with the girls for the night. What was I thinking???? No, seriously, I had a blast with the youth.

The night was all planned out by Pastor Billy. He made it a team game night for the youth. There were six teams with about 6 to 8 kids on each team. Each team had to earn points based on their ranking completing some very difficult task. It was a hoot watching all these kids in blind folds, or blowing a ping pong ball with lots of holes in it with a coffee straw around on the floor, and even compete in a team dance off. The games were fun, the food was great, and the sleep was lacking.

Once the girls got separated and we filed into the mullet for our place of slumber, the party really got started. The girls rushed the bathrooms to get on their PJ's,(I don't know why, none of them planned on sleeping anyways)and then it was time for some singing and dancing. Even though I did not know a lot of the songs they were jamming to, I enjoyed the show. The best part of the night was when I was sitting in the dark while the girls played a game called sardines. I loved it when they screamed from fright while hiding in a pitch black building. Too funny.

All had fun for the lock-in, although the anticipation of the boys doing something dreadful all night came unfulfilled. The morning came creeping in and the girls started slowly winding down. I soon felt my age from pulling an all nighter, it was as if I was walking in slow motion. Once I was home it was pure bliss laying in my nice comfy bed.

No comments: